Big News: Pushing Chain is joining forces with (the) Bill Kirchen and (the) Mark Hallman in Austin, TX to record our next album! But we need your help. Click the link to read more and check out the video. We’d sure appreciate the help.
“With one guitar and one fiddle, the duo generates marvelous close harmony while unafraid to stray into dissonance. The duo’s vibe is infectious enough to be investigated by the CDC; anyone who doesn’t grin during the set must be immune to pleasure.”
— Suzanne Cadgéne, Elmore Magazine (2016 Folk Alliance International Conference)
“Together they played high energy folk and acoustic honky-tonk in a fashion that would have been right in line on the set of Deadwood.”
– James Killen, Houston Music Review
“The two friends’ songs reverberate with country, jazz, and life up near the Canadian border.”
— Youa Vang, Minneapolis City Pages”
Pushing Chain, a folky-tonk duo from Minnesota’s north shore, features Boyd Blomberg on guitar and vocals and Adam Moe on fiddle and vocals. Their Americana-roots sound has been winning them fans across the Midwest. Recent highlights:
- Sang National Anthem at Target Field before a Minnesota Twins game
- Opened for Bill Staines, Flatt Lonesome (IBMA 2014 Emerging Artist of the Year), Layla McCalla, David Grier, and John Hiatt
- Chosen as an official showcase act at the 2017 Folk Alliance Region Midwest conference
- Featured act at the 2016 Minnesota State Fair
- Placed 2nd in a vocal duo competition at the Minnesota State Fair (2015)
- Placed 3rd in the MBOTMA Race for a Place band contest (2015)
- Featured on The Playlist (WDSE-TV, Duluth), White Wall Sessions (both television and radio from Sioux Falls, SD), and WCCO TV in Minneapolis
- Played New York Mills Cultural Center, Harmony for Mayo Music Series in Rochester, MN, Dakota Jazz Club in Minneapolis, and the Big Top Chautauqua, among many other great venues
Boyd, former frontman for the national touring band, the Gooneybirds, is an award-winning songwriter (2012 Big Top Chautauqua – second place; 2014 River Falls Roots & Bluegrass – first place, Upper Midwest Songwriter of the Year.)
Pushing Chain is signed with Kingswood Records and sponsored by Shubb Capos and John Pearse Strings.
Pushing Chain is proud to be on Kingswood Records! Click here for more!